Students ages 7-17 anywhere in the world can participate.
November 26, 2023
2023 Writing Prompt
What's a leader? Share about your experience when you took on a leadership role, or when a leader inspired you.
- Submissions must be between 400-1,000 words. Your submission must be original work for this contest. We do not accept previously published submissions.
- By submitting your work, you give Read With You Publishing permission to recognize your writing and publish it in digital and physical forms upon selection.
- Plagiarism, including the use of AI, will cause immediate elimination from the program and all future Read With You programs.
Winners will be notified in January 2024.
- Read With You Publishing will issue invitations to authors of outstanding work. A compilation of selected essays, totaling no more than 50, will be published in a book.
- If your work is selected by the review committee, you'll be invited to the Master Class where you will be mentored by an experienced publishing professional in getting your work published.
- Selected authors will be invited to present work and impact in the 2024 London Book Fair, Frankfurt Book Fair, or Bologna Children's Book Fair.
- Young leaders who are committed to long-term community service and activities will have a chance to be recognized by the President of the United Stated.
- Selected authors will have the opportunity to present their stories to children and receive certificates jointly issued by Read With You Publishing and beneficiaries.
Fees may apply to some activities and programs.
How to Submit
Submit your work as a word doc attachment to email@example.com.
Email Subject Line
- Please indicate 'Global Leadership Development Program' + 'Author's Name'.
- Author's name, age, and mailing address.
- Submitter's name, relationship to the author, and phone number.
- Please include Global Leadership Development Program + Author's Name + Age in the file name.
How will my essay be judged?
Your work will be read by children's book writers, and editors, as well as by Read With You Publishing team members and educators from around the United States. We grade each essay by its strengths in 4 categories: language, voice, a narrative arc that shows a problem/conflict, and ability to adhere to the theme.
When will the winners be announced?
The winner will be notified two months after the program deadline.
My essay wasn't selected as a winner. Can you tell me why?
We receive a large number of entries for our ongoing programs, and unfortunately cannot provide individual feedback on each student's essay. If you would like feedback or an essay consultation, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our prices for manuscript consultations.
Who can I contact if I have questions about the program or am having issues submitting my entry?
Please contact email@example.com.